Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2019, 09:02 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Be Still And Listen

BE STILL AND LISTEN

Most of us have experienced a conversation where we weren’t really listening. The other person was talking and when they stopped talking, we realized we had no idea what was said. It is awkward. We may nod our head. We may say okay. We may change the subject. Usually it is obvious to the other person we weren’t listening but if we get really good at it we can stop listening to most everything. However, listening is important. We need to practice with others to show we care. We need to spend time with God daily listening to Him. And we can’t listen if our minds are too busy. Let’s learn to quiet our minds so we can be still and listen. Listening to God will help us know how to best live for Him.

SCRIPTURE: Proverbs 8:33 “Listen to my instruction and be wise. Don’t ignore it.” (NLT)

ACTION STEPS:
1. Write how you listen to God.
2. List the ways you hear His voice.
3. Know God has a message for you.
4. Be still and be ready to hear God speak.

PRAYER: Dear Lord, we know we spend too much time listening to media, staring at our phones, rushing around to get things done and we don’t take time to slow down and listen. We want to improve our listening skills. Help us to pay more attention to You. We want to find a quiet place to rest and simply focus on You. Help us be better listeners to others as well so we can build relationships and learn how to better serve. Thank You, Lord, for making us more aware of being a better listener. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

REMEMBER:
Reading God’s word is one way we can listen to God.

Proverbs 1:5 “Let the wise listen to these proverbs and become even wiser. Let those with understanding receive guidance” (NLT)

We get too busy in life and we can’t hear God. We should be quick to listen rather than quick to talk or quick to get things done.

James 1:19 “Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.” (NLT)

“Stop listening for a voice, and start looking for a verse.” ~Pastor Rick Warren

Psalm 19:11-12 “They (God’s word) are a warning to your servant, a great reward for those who obey them. How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults.” (NLT)

There are many times in life where God is trying to get a message to us and we aren’t being still so we can hear it.

FOCUS: Psalm 46:10a “Be still, and know that I am God!” (NLT)

https://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_p...log_id=6576744
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply