Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2015, 11:14 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

The girl who visited me today was the one who coined the phrase, "What is the matter Jo, did God bring out the spiritual cast iron frying pan again." She was saying today she got hit by a spiritual 2 x 4. Just when we think we know the answers and know what we are suppose to do, God has a way of showing us, "wait on me" and "just because you did it this way before doesn't mean you do it that way again, quit playing 'god' with your life."

The longer I am in recovery, the more I realized the less I know. That is why it is one day at a time. I look at things some days, and my mind is a complete blank. It may be old age, it may be lack of a spiritual connection, or it just may be there is no message for me in today. I just try not to intellectualize it in today and that is a big step for me in today. I started doing the Bible Verse of the day while others were away or there computers were down, and then I grew into the 'habit' of doing it. Then I asked myself, "Why are you still doing this now that they are doing it, you are over extending yourself as it is, you are doing to much?" All I could think of was ego or habit and didn't like either, so have stopped posting and that allows me to just read. Why do I need to do a verse for the day when I go to Christ Note's each day and to Angelwinks and get a Bible verse from there, that is overkill. That is like giving my mind choices and options as to which direction it WANTS to follow, instead of taking them as 'Good orderly direction' for each day.

A friend did tell me many years ago, take what you need and take what you don't need in case you meet someone who does need it and you can pass it on.

Not sure that makes sense, but the thoughts are there, so decided to share them.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply