Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-31-2024, 09:55 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - September

September 1

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” - Proverbs 3:5-6

Psalm 5:1-3 – O Lord, hear me as I pray; pay attention to my groaning. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for I pray to no one but you. Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.

2 Peter 1:2 – May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord.

And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Acts 2:21
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2024, 10:27 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 2

Psalm 9:1 – I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.

Jesus promised, "If two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19 NIV)

The LORD will vindicate me; your love, LORD, endures forever—do not abandon the works of your hands. Psalm 138:8

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." — Matthew 7:1-2

Isaiah 41:10 Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Old 09-02-2024, 10:43 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 3

2 Samuel 22:33 – God is my strength and power, and He makes my way perfect.

"Walk in obedience to all that the Lord your God has commanded you." (Deuteronomy 5:33)

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. — James 1:19-20

Proverbs 22:6 “Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.”
Old 09-03-2024, 08:40 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 4

James 3:18 – Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. — Romans 4:7

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Isaiah 48:17 “This is what the LORD says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.”
Old 09-04-2024, 11:12 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 5

James 1:2-4 “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14

JOHN 13:34 NKJ 34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

EPHESIANS 4:31-5:2 NKJ 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you. 1 Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. 2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet- smelling aroma.

EPHESIANS 5:25 NKJ 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,

COLOSSIANS 3:12-14 NKJ 12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.

MATTHEW 5:43-48 NKJ 43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44 "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45 "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 "And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? 48 "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

“You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.” Matthew 5:14-16

"A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones." Proverbs 17:22
Old 09-05-2024, 11:51 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 6

I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the Lord. Psalm 104:33-34

Proverbs 19:11 11 A person’s wisdom yields patience; it is to one’s glory to overlook an offense.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

"I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth." - Psalm 121:1-2

Psalm 18:30b – The Lord's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

2 Corinthians 4:7b – We ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.

Lamentations 3:25 – The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him.

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had. Romans 15:5

1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Matthew 6:26-27 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
Old 09-06-2024, 11:08 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 7

Galatians 6:9-10 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

“Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.” - 1 Corinthians 15:58

Psalm 89:15 – Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O Lord.

Nehemiah 9:6 – You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.

John 6:35 – Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Philemon 1:25

What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. — Philippians 3:8

John 14:23 “Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.”
Old 09-07-2024, 09:22 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 8

1 PETER 5:8-9 NKJ 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.

JAMES 4:7 NKJ 7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13

I John 4:12-13 “Dear friends, since God so loves us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us. We know that we live in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.

“And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.” I John 4:16

“With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26

Proverbs 12:25-26 Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up. 26 The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.

Philippians 4:8-9 – Finally, my friends, keep your minds on whatever is true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper. Don't ever stop thinking about what is truly worthwhile and worthy of praise.

Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
Old 09-08-2024, 11:40 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 9

Psalm 118:24 “This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.”

Psalm 118:29 “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.”

2 Corinthians 9:8 – And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:10

1 John 4:10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Psalm 143:10 “Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.”
Old 09-09-2024, 11:54 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 10

HEBREWS 13:8 NKJ 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

“Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.” Psalm 62:5

“Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” Hebrews 11:1 (NIV)

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. (Psalm 19:14)

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

Psalm 23:1-2 – The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. — Ephesians 4:32

Ecclesiastes 5:19 When God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work -- this is a gift of God.

Psalm 143:10 “Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.”
Old 09-10-2024, 10:35 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 11

Psalm 28:7 – The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)

To all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12

“so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.” - Romans 12:5-8

Colossians 3:23 23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters
Old 09-11-2024, 10:54 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 12

1 Peter 5:6-11 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. 10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.

James 4:7 7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Psalm 34:19 – Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.

2 Corinthians 9:11 – You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.

Isaiah 26:12 – Lord, you will grant us peace; all we have accomplished is really from you.

Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. Colossians 4:5-6

The glory of young men is their strength, gray hair the splendor of the old. — Proverbs 20:29

Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
Old 09-12-2024, 10:29 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 13

“Cast all your worries and cares to God, for He cares for you.” - 1 Peter 5:7

John 6:35 – Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."

For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. Hebrews 3:4

I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5

Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. — 1 Peter 2:16

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Old 09-13-2024, 11:01 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 14

“Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. – Proverbs 30:5

“Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.” Proverbs 16:3

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." - Matthew 5:8

Matthew 17:20b – I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there" and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

Joshua 1:9 – Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Psalm 31:24 – Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord.

James 1:12 says, “Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

Our help is in the name of the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 124:8

The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. — Psalm 103:8
Old 09-14-2024, 11:20 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 15

In the same way [as God commanded farm animals to be fed for their work], the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel. —1 Corinthians 9:14

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Romans 5:8-10 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since we have now been justified by His blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through Him! For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to Him through the death of His Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through His life!"

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. — Ezekiel 36:26

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. — Colossians 3:15

All of you together are Christ’s body, and each one of you is a separate and necessary part of it. 1 Corinthians 12:27

1 Peter 3:8 NIV Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.
Post New ThreadReply